SourceAFIS algorithm has been submitted for evaluation to FVC-onGoing competition. Latest results are shown in the table below.
|Benchmark area||Benchmark||Algorithm||Version||EER||FMR100||FMR1K||FMR10K||Zero FMR||Details|
|Fingerprint Verification||FV-STD||SourceAFIS||3.14.0||3.87 %||4.73 %||6.55 %||9.05 %||10.6 %||submission 8426|
|Fingerprint Verification||FV-HARD||SourceAFIS||3.14.0-net||8.19 %||11.6 %||15.1 %||19.4 %||21 %||submission 8427|
The results show that SourceAFIS is on the lower end of the accuracy spectrum, but they also show that SourceAFIS can perform very well with high-quality fingerprints.
Notice that FNMR at zero FMR is around 10%. That is most likely because SourceAFIS has trouble matching the lowest quality 5% of fingerprints, but it can match the remaining 95% with high confidence.
Applications that need to keep FNMR low should either ensure high fingerprint quality during enrollment or capture multiple fingers per subject.
FVC-onGoing requires participants to implement command-line protocol. Source code for wrappers implementing this protocol on top of SourceAFIS is opensourced in repositories listed below.
||sourceafis-fvc-fv-extractor||SourceAFIS for .NET|
||sourceafis-fvc-fv-matcher||SourceAFIS for .NET|